Full-Time Plumbing/Carpentry Foreman
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Vacancy Announcement No. 2017-18
The U.S. Embassy Belmopan has an opening for a Plumbing/Carpentry Foreman.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance and undergo a medical examination.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
- Maintains the water treatment plant and domestic water distribution system and plumbing fixtures to include the process of softening, filtering and chlorination.
- Performs regularly scheduled, comprehensive maintenance on all facility plumbing equipment, booster pumps, piping, valves on sewer systems and ejectors, plumbing fixtures including electronic faucets and toilets, water heaters and gauges.
- Maintains inventory records of all plumbing and carpentry tools. Monitors stock level on spares and reports usage on and status of all work orders.
- Maintains, repairs and installs stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, water pumps, hot water heaters, water purification systems, garbage disposals and range hoods.
- Performs regularly scheduled, comprehensive maintenance on carpentry and masonry fixtures/furniture to include painting jobs, framing and hanging of pictures and other framed materials, drywall installation and repairs, resurfacing wooden cabinets, building small structures such as fences and platforms, and repairing furniture such as bookcases, tables, desks, chairs, etc.
- Supervises 4 maintenance staff. This includes managing the staff, delegating work orders for completion, completing annual work plans, holding mid-year performance discussions and preparing annual performance evaluations.
- Completion of secondary school is required with at least five years of combined experience in the plumbing and carpentry field are required. At least six months of the five years must include supervisory experience. OR
- In lieu of the secondary school, completion of primary school along with at least nine years of combined experience in the plumbing and carpentry field are required. At least six months of the nine years must include supervisory experience.
- Level IV (fluent working knowledge) reading/writing/speaking English is required.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer) are required.
- A valid Belize driver’s license is required. (Applicants must include a copy with the application)
Note: This position includes incidental driving responsibilities. To meet our Safety Health and Environment Management Policy, incidental drivers must be 25 years or older and must be able to pass an incidental driver’s physical examination.
How to ApplyWHO MAY APPLY: Anyone who is eligible for appointment under Belize’s local laws. Applicant must be in possession of a Belize social security card valid for employment and/or a resident/work permit. HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must submit the following in order to be considered for the position. 1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) form (DS-0174); plus 2. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, licenses, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: [email protected] All applications must be signed and scanned. ONLY electronic applications will be accepted. To view the DS 174-Universal Application for Employment form (UAE) and application instructions, please click on https://bz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/. Your e-mail must state the vacancy title and vacancy announcement number in the subject line, example: Plumbing/Carpentry Foreman, Vacancy Announcement No. 2017-18. Emails received without the appropriate subject line will not be considered. A copy of this advertisement, the position descriptions and the required application form (DS-0174) are posted on the Embassy’s website at https://bz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, September 29, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after September 29, 2017. The U.S. Mission in Belize provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
5720 total views, 3 today