Full-Time Generator Mechanic
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Vacancy Announcement No. 2017-19
The U.S. Embassy Belmopan has an opening for a Generator Mechanic. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance and undergo a medical examination.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
- Performs full journeyman level generator maintenance work to include repairs, overhauls, oil changes, lubrications, preventive maintenance, installations, relocations and refueling of generators;
- Disassembles, adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts or components on generators, lawn mowers, grass cutters, small gasoline and diesel engines and other miscellaneous mechanical equipment. This includes diagnosing, installing, repairing and re-programming of the equipment as well;
- Is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the delta barrier and slide gates;
- Maintains appropriate inventory records of all generator maintenance tools;
- Monitors stock level on spares and reports usage on and status of all work orders;
- Assists other skilled mechanics and technicians on an as needed basis and also assists in planning and scheduling corrective actions and preventative maintenance to repair or modify defects and maintain operating condition of facilities’ and equipment;
- Completion of secondary school is required with at least three years of full journeyman level generator mechanic experience OR
- In lieu of the secondary school, completion of primary school along with at least seven years of full journeyman level generator mechanic experience are required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required.
- Must be able to perform moderately heavy work and lift up to 50 pounds.
- A valid Belize driver’s license is required. (Applicants must include a copy with the application.)
Note: This position includes incidental driving responsibilities. To meet our Safety Health and Environment Management Policy, incidental drivers must be 25 years or older and must be able to pass an incidental driver’s physical examination.
WHO MAY APPLY: Anyone who is eligible for appointment under Belize’s local laws. Applicant must be in possession of a Belize social security card valid for employment and/or a resident/work permit.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must submit the following in order to be considered for the position. 1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) form (DS-0174); plus 2. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, licenses, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: [email protected] All applications must be signed and scanned. ONLY electronic applications will be accepted. To view the DS 174-Universal Application for Employment form (UAE) and application instructions, please click on https://bz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/. Your e-mail must state the vacancy title and vacancy announcement number in the subject line, example: Generator Mechanic, Vacancy Announcement No. 2017-19. E-mails received without the appropriate subject line will not be considered. A copy of this advertisement, the position description and the required application form (DS-0174) are posted on the Embassy’s website at https://bz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, September 29, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after September 29, 2017. The U.S. Mission in Belize provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
2223 total views, 2 today