NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The National Institute of Culture and History (NICH), a statutory body under the Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture, is seeking a suitable applicant to fill the post of PRESIDENT.
The President is the ultimate business leader of NICH and has the overall responsibility to ensure that the objectives and functions for which this institution was established are translated into sustainable operational and programmatic activities. S/he is responsible for the effective and efficient management of its strategic, financial, programmatic, and administrative operations. Additionally, s/he works in close collaboration with the Minister, Board of Directors, Administrator and Directors of the other divisions of NICH to achieve the overall mission and strategic objectives of the institution.
The function, deliverables and education/skill requirements for this position are outlined below.
Position Title: President
Direct Supervisor: Minister with responsibility for Culture
Division: President’s Office
Management Level: L1 – Executive Management
Last Revision: August 2016
Duty Station: Belmopan City
This position requires extensive travel, both locally and internationally, in the fulfillment of the duties associated with it. PRIMARY DELIVERABLES:
1. Guide, create, and communicate the institution’s vision, mission, and overall direction;
2. Develop, lead, and monitor the implementation of the institution’s strategic objectives;
3. Lead the operations and administration of the Board of Directors, advise and inform Board members of issues that influence the sustainable management of the institution, and interfacing between the Board and staff;
4. Guide the development of the institution’s annual consolidated work plan and budget and recommend for approval by the Board of Directors;
5. Prudently manage the institution’s resources within the approved budget guidelines and according to current laws and regulations;
6. Provide strategic leadership in making decisions that affect the operations of the institution, particularly those that may affect the financial health, credibility, sustainability, human resource capacity, development and growth and the quality of services of the institution;
7. Oversee the complete operation of the institution in accordance with the legislation(s) that governs the institution’s work, and direction received from the Minister and Board of Directors;
8. Oversee the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services offered through the institution and its divisions;
9. Develop the credibility of the institution by building and maintaining strategic relationships with industry partners, both nationally and internationally;
10. Represent the institution and the nation’s interest in social, cultural and historical matters at national and international level
11. Maintain awareness of the relevant industry landscapes, opportunities for expansion in services, access to donor funding, new industry developments and standards; 12. Collaborate effectively with all NICH organizations and departments, including its Management and Technical Teams
13. Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the Minister and/or the Board of Directors for the efficient and effective functioning of the institution.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field;
At least 5 years of experience in a senior Management/Leadership position;
Previous experience with leading a non-profit agency, negotiating agreements, financial management and managing stakeholder relationships;
Excellent analytical, documentation and communication skills;
Other related experience includes the ability to identify and implement best practices, work independently think strategically, plan for long-term success of the institution, and effectively delegate tasks.
How to ApplyAll application packages should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and supporting documentation. Hard copy packages may be addressed as follows: Chief Executive Officer Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture West Block Belmopan City Cayo District Electronic packages may be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com Deadline for submission is Wednesday, March 10th, 2017
191 total views, 3 today