10 Tips for a Successful Interview
- Do a little research about the Company before the interview.
This will allow you to be prepared in the event you are faced with basic questions about their line of work.
- Always try to attend an interview alone.
Bringing along friends or children tend to cause unnecessary distraction.
- Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake.
This gives the impression that you are comfortable and prepared for whatever awaits you during the interview.
- Try to maintain frequent eye contact.
This tells the interviewer that you are attentively listening to what they are saying and are actively analyzing their statements and questions.
- Smile, be polite and try to relax.
Remaining calm during the process allows you to think more clearly and to emit a healthy sense of confidence.
- Listen to the interviewer’s questions carefully. Don’t be afraid to ask the interviewer to restate the question if you are unclear about something.
Try not to hurry the interview along with one-word answers. Try to elaborate a little when being interviewed, this will allow the interviewer to gain better insight into the type of employee you will be. Answer directly, be upbeat and be sure to make positive statements.
- If you’ve worked before, tell the interviewer a little about how you’ve grown from that experience.
Use direct examples of how your skills and abilities would fit the current position being interviewed for.
- Be sure to prepare one or two questions to ask your interviewer about the company.
This shows that you have genuine interest in the company and would like to become a part of its success.
- At the end of the interview, thank your interviewer for their time and be sure to use the same enthusiasm as when you first entered.
This will leave your interviewer with a lasting impression of you.
- Shake hands in closing and maintain eye contact.
This again shows confidence in a successful interview and leaves the interviewer with a good impression.
2346 total views, 1 today